2000 Bavaria 38 Ocean
Yacht price :
"D'yer Mak'er" is a beautiful, well-kept example of the exclusive Bavaria 38 Ocean series sailing yachts. While quite expensive in their day, the 38 Ocean offers a fantastic layout - functional cockpit comfortable for family & friends, and ample deck space on her stern with a walk-down transom. She must been seen to be truly appreciated! Please be sure to click on the Full Specs tab for all of the details on this fine sailing yacht.
- 38 Ocean
- Annapolis, MD, US
- Vessel Name:
- D'yer Mak'er
- Boat Type:
- Racer and Cruiser
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- J & J Design
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 38 ft - 11.58 meter
- 13 ft - 3.96 meter
- Draft - max:
- 5 ft 6 in - 1.68 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 55 ft 7 in - 16.94 meter
- Dry Weight:
- Volvo Penta
- Cruise Speed:
- 7 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Sail Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 50 (Individual), 50 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 8 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 60 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 100 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 20 gallons - 1 tank(s)
Accommodations & Layout
By traditional standards, center cockpit sailing yachts in this size have always had to compromise between a tiny passageway with limited headroom to access a large aft master stateroom. Bavaria Yachts did a superb job when engineering this craft as they allowed space for a full stand-up passageway for easy access, and the space for the galley and head with separate showers are quite spacious.
Starting in the bow, there is a comfortable v-berth in the forward cabin. The overhead hatch and side opening ports allow for lots of light and ventilation. Dual hanging lockers allow for plenty of storage space. Moving aft brings you in to the main salon which has a drop-leaf dining table on centerline aft of the mast compression post. Ample storage can be found throughout the space. Further aft on the starboard side is the functional navigation station with a dedicated curved seat and large chart desk. Full electrical control can be found there as well.
Aft of the navigation station you are met with the separate stall shower and further aft the rest of the head and head sink. There is a huge amount of room here - unparalleled by just about every other boat in this size. Opposite the head is the in-line galley which offers a dual burner propane stove, Sea Frost refrigeration, dual stainless steel sinks, long countertops, and plenty of storage throughout.
The Volvo saildrive engine sits under the cockpit sole, in between the head and galley spaces. Access is via several large removable panels making easy work of repairs which are often quite challenging on other vessels in this size.
Moving aft of the head & galley bring you to the master stateroom. The large berth is flanked on each side by a small settee. Ample storage can be found in the various hanging lockers and drawers, and abundant overhead light is present from the hatch and portlights.
Electronics, Navigation, & Electrical
- Air-conditioning/heat - two zones - one in the master stateroom and one in the main salon
- Battery charger
- Link 20 battery monitor
- Galvanic Isolator
- Inverter - Proline 1800
- 3 - 4D batteries (New Spring 2016)
- 1 - Group 27 battery
- Raymarine C80 Chartplotter at helm
- Raymarine Autopilot - Linear Drive
- Raytheon ST-60 Tridata display
- Raytheon St-60 Wind speed & direction
- Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF w/ RAM Mic at helm
- Suunto Compass
- Jensen CD400M - AM/FM/CD player
- Next Generation 3KW Genset with low hours!
- Selden Aluminum Mast & Boom
- Selden Rodkicker Boom Vang
- Furlex Genoa roller furling system
- Selden In-mast mailsail furling
- Elvstrom Sails - refurbished in 2015
- Double stainless steel sink
- Two burner propane stove and oven
- Sea Frost 12V refrigeration
- Lots of counter space and storage space
- Full stand-up head with separate shower stall - not a "wet-head" as is often found in similar vessels in this size range.
- Jabsco manual head
- Hot & cold pressurized water
- Ample natural light via the portlights
- New Saildrive & new gasket (2015)
- New Bronze Thru-hulls
- New computer for Raytheon/Raymarine instrumentation
- All new plumbing for the shower drain & A/C condensation drain - all feeds to a common sump.
DisclaimerThe Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
For an appointment to see the boat or if you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com or try my mobile number: 410-829-2342.
I look forward to hearing from you!
2000 Bavaria 38 Ocean
This 38 foot 2000 Bavaria 38 Ocean is located in Annapolis, Maryland. It is equipped with 1 50hpInboard MD-22 engine. Please call for the sale price of this Racer/Cruiser.