2017 Sabre Yachts 38 Salon Express
Yacht price :
In Stock Available For Immediate Delivery
The Sabre 38 Salon Express represents the latest in design and naval architecture. Her exterior profile still says "downeast" and she is built in the tradition of Maine boat building, strong, steady, reliable, and very seaworthy. Yet, below her skin, technology is everywhere; from her resin infused laminates, to state of the art systems, to her pod propulsion drive, Her hull lines are the latest thinking in Vee-hulled motor yachts and are specifically designed for the installation of pods, allowing fuel economy, quiet running and a pleasant dry ride.
The pod drive train of the Sabre 38 offers excellent fuel economy, an important consideration in these days of uncertain diesel prices. Pods also lower noise by pushing out exhaust through the propeller stream and importantly allow confident boat handling when docking or maneuvering in tight spaces.
In her interior the Sabre 38 Salon Express provides an open design which will suit a day's outing with friends as easily as a longer cruise. Her cockpit is raised to a level just 5 inches below the main salon so as to connect these two important social spaces, and the aft end of the house opens with drop-down windows and a bi-fold door.
In her main salon, a large, U-shaped settee with fold over table will seat up to three couples, while the forward end of the settee can be oriented forward to provide a comfortable perch when underway. To starboard, aft of the STIDD helm seat, is a long cabinet housing an LED television on an electric lift storage and compartments for the owners gear.
The forward end of the salon opens to the galley below. Communication from the galley to the salon is fluid. A large owner's cabin forward has an island berth and ample storage for long range cruising as well as a private head with stall shower. Below the helm deck and to port, an L-settee converts to second sleeping quarters with privacy curtain.
Please contact us for complete pricing and specifications.
- Sabre Yachts
- 38 Salon Express
- Oxford, MD, US
- Vessel Name:
- 2017 Sabre 38 Salon Express
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Deep Vee
- Hull Color:
- Sabre Yachts Design Team
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 38 ft - 11.58 meter
- 13 ft 4 in - 4.06 meter
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 4 in - 1.01 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- D4 IPS
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Pod Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 300 (Individual), 600 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 300 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 100 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 40 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Steering SystemJoystick Control
STANDARD ENGINE/GEN SET SYSTEM
- Twin Volvo Penta D4 300HP engines linked to VP IPS drives
- 3.7l (4) cylinder fresh water-cooled Includes Volvo electronic controls
- Volvo Active Corrosion Protection system.
- 12V alternators each engine.
- Volvo raw water intake strainers
- Engine room blower.
- Engine room vent ducts.
- White gelcoated engine room
- Mylar Foil face foam noise barrier.
- 6kW Koehler Generator
- Twin 150 USG rotomolded diesel fuel tanks.
- Racor fuel filters.
- 2” “Diesel” deck fill plate
STEERING AND TRIM SYSTEMS
- Volvo Penta IPS helm
- Lenco Auto Glide trim tab system with GPS receiver and NMEA backbone
- Single N Series Stidd helm chair
- Volvo IPS electronic controls.
- Engine Start/Stop control panel.
- Volvo Penta color display (1) with:
- Tachometer w/hour meter
- Engine temperature
- Engine oil pressure
- Transmission oil pressure
- Water in fuel warning
- Fuel remaining function
- Fuel consumption function
- Hi water temp and low oil pressure alarm
- Triple windshield wipers with washers.
- Switch controls for horn, running lights, anchor light, engine room blower and optional equipment.
- Stazo wood trimmed 16” steering wheel
120VAC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Two 30 A. AC shore power inlets and two 50 ft. cords
- Galvanic Failsafe isolator
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution panel
- 120V outlets in each cabin and one in engine room.
- All galley and head receptacles are GFI protected.
- Additional outlets positioned in locations as appropriate Xantrex 50amp, 3-bank battery charger
- Reverse cycle heat/ air conditioning in (2) zones.
12VDC ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM
- Two dedicated engine starting batteries.
- Two 4D 210 Amp hour deep cycle ship's service batteries.
- Battery Management panel including
- Emergency crossover switch.
- Remote Control Ships Power switch
- Remote Control Starting Battery switch
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution panel w/battery voltage gauge
- LED reading lights
- LED lights in the overhead
- LED tri-color light at helm valance
- LED strip lighting in appropriate locations
- LED Engine room lighting
- Cockpit courtesy lights w/remote switch at transom
- UL Listed Tinned wire throughout.
- USB 12 VDC charging station at helm and in cabins
- “Vee”hull design with 24 degree deadrise amidships and 17 degrees at transom.
- VIP Resin Infused laminate with ISO NPG white gelcoat and blended vinylester back-up resin.
- Knitted Biaxial Structural E-Glass Reinforcements
- SAN Corecell foam core in hull bottom and topsides.
- Foam/plywood cored fiberglass stringer system.
- Swim platform with molded anti skid surface and under mounted telescoping ladder.
- Hull side rubbing strakes.
- PVC rub rail with stainless steel cap.
- Painted (Urethane) Double Boot Stripe
- Gold Cove Stripe
DECK AND HARDTOP COMPOSITE
- VIP resin infused, knitted Biaxial Structural E-Glass Reinforcements with balsa coring.
- Molded in anti-skid deck surfaces.
- Windows recessed into hard top
- Port and starboard transom gates
- Aft seating slides to expand cockpit dimension w/12v actuator
- Stainless steel anchor bowsprit roller system
- Anchor lockers (2) with slam latches
- Large Aft hinged lazzarette locker hatch with gas struts and (2) 3”dia compression latches for engine room access
- 1 1/4" Diameter type 316 stainless steel perimeter rail system
- (6) 12” Stainless Steel Cleats (2 fwd, 4 mid ship spring
- 10” Stainless Steel Cleat to starboard of windlass as anchor rode tie off.
- Windlass with combination rope/chain gypsy
- Single anchor roller sized for 35# CQR or Delta
- Flagpole holder and flag staff.
- Burgee staff on pulpit
- Low Profile polished hatches w/blinds and screens: (2) #44 on foredeck, (2) #10 port and starboard.
- Custom stainless steel opening ports.
- Teak cabin side eye-brow
- Custom cast stainless steel “SABRE” medallion
- Horn cleats in aft transom corners
- Stidd 500 N Series helm seat
- Electronics pod at the helm station
- Wood in helm area is cherry
- Two overhead pilot hatches with shades/screens
- Bi-fold stainless steel companionway door with electrically activated drop down window to port
MASTER / FORWARD STATEROOM
- Spacious Island Berth layout with 6" mattress. ¾” laminated trim around berth top.
- Cherry hull ceilings.
- Drawers under bed. A/C return grills under drawers
- Drawers in bureau w/locker w/shelf above and single louvered door.
- Upper enclosed storage lockers with shelves. Locker face with 2 doors. Each door to access partitioned space with open shelves in the forward compartments.
- Large hanging locker to starboard, cedar lined with shelf and hanger pole. Open shelf above louvered door.
- Teak and holly sole with 2 coats of sealer.
- Soft headliner panels.
- Passageway door between galley and forward cabin.
- Divider between galley and stateroom with surface mounted 26” LED Television on Electric lift.
- Vessel sink with faucet.
- Tempered Glass Shower stall with seat.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Electric shower sump pump.
- Storage locker.
- Solid Surface Material countertop with bull nose
- Towel bars.
- Wood trimmed mirror over sink
- Ventilation blower.
- Elevated "U" settee to port with Hi-gloss table with
- storage under.
- Mates L-shaped settee forward, open to galley with stainless steel hand rail.
- Cabinet to starboard with storage and 32” LED TV on electric lift.
- Teak and holly sole w/ sealer.
- Sound deadening headliner panels.
- Optional settee and table that converts to berth.
- Solid Surface galley counter.
- Stainless steel sink with faucet.
- Drawers and storage lockers below counter.
- Storage cabinets outboard and above counter
- Lockers above stove.
- Two burner electric cook top
- Stainless steel convection microwave oven.
- Stainless steel drawer style refrigerator/freezer 12DC/120VAC
- L-shaped settee with pull out converts to double berth.
- Bookshelf outboard of Settee.
- Extra large drawer handy to Galley for large items.
- Optional large 36” x 10” Hull Side fixed portlight.
- Optional Television/DVD combo for lower lounge.
FRESH WATER SYSTEM
- Water capacity 100 gals.
- 11 gal. Stainless steel hot water heater 110V and engine heat exchanger
- Hot and cold water pressure system 12V.
- Varnished cherry interior finish
- Screens on opening ports and hatches
- Optional fabric and drapery selections
- Laminated wood trims on shelves
- Dovetailed maple drawer boxes
- Polyethylene holding tank with 40 gallon capacity
- Jabsco Quiet Flush fresh water MSD
- Diaphragm Waste pump on holding tank.
- Fire extinguishers, (4) at 2 1/2 lbs.
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors.
- Marelon sea valves on all below waterline fittings.
- Bonding system to safeguard against galvanic corrosion.
- Automatic fire extinguishing discharge system with override.
- Automatic 12V electric bilge pumps (3).
- High Water Alarms (3) for bilge.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
- Dark hull colors - Flag Blue
- Anti-skid color (fore & side deck, aft cockpit, recessed area on swim platform) - Beige
- Reverse oil change system
- Fresh water wash down forward
- Single Seagull water purifier on galley with separate spigot
- 1 additional 12V USB outlets. 1 in fwd cabin at fwd end of stbd side cabinet.
- 2 Additional dimmer switches in galley and lower lounge. Main salon is standard
- Fusion Marine stereo iPod with 4 speakers and remote control
- 22" LED Television in lower lounge area
- Inverter/Charger 2800 watt True Sine Wave w/ remote
- 2 i2Systems courtesy lights, on the transom centered between the bottom of the transom step and the swim platform on both port and stbd sides. Install 2 additional on/off switches at each transom door, tied to std cockpit courtesy lights. Includes dimmer module.
- Add 120VAC GFI outlet in cockpit near stbd side rear corner, near shore power outlets
- Drawer refrigerator under port aft salon settee
- Freezer in lower lounge (cushions 1" thinner)
- All refrigeration in galley, no freezer on top
- FRP molded electronics mast for hardtop
- Electric sunroof with shade/screen in lieu of standard two pilot hatches
- Fixed hull side portlight, port side only in lower lounge
- Kahlenberg Dual Chrome horns
- Accord Shades on all opening ports
- Blinds and Curtains for Main Salon
- Filler cushion and telescoping table base to create berth in main salon
- Ultraleather upholstery main salon only, includes helm seat
- Install trim on entertainment cabinet top matching the trim to the fwd cabin dresser
- Overhead cherry handrail-sunroof option
- Custom witch hazel cutting board to fit aft of TV cover top to curved window frame. Put nonstick fabric on back of board
- Build a liquor locker in the aft cabinet of the entertainment center to hold bottles and glasses
- Add a cherry storage box for binoculars outboard of the Stidd seat.
- Install a chart kit holder outboard of Stidd seat
- Shade on optional hull port
- Install "ceiling panel" on aft bulkhead in lower lounge
- Custom Sunbrella fabric in lower lounge-Rib Taupe Antique Beige
- Build 2 large drawers under fwd berth, same size as bottom drawers, in lieu of std top 3 drawers. 4 large matching total
- Upgrade Mattress in forward cabin to 9" thick dual compression Latex mattress
- Add (2) cherry towel racks, one on each head door
- Custom Sunbrella fabric in cockpit-Viento Nautical
DisclaimerThe Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
For additional details, please contact one of DiMillo's Yacht Sales offices today.
Portland, Maine - (207) 773-7632
Freeport, Maine - (207) 865-0432
Glen Cove, New York - (516) 623-6256
Oxford, Maryland - (410) 226-0100
West River, Maryland - (410) 267-1808
2017 Sabre 38 Salon Express
This new 38 foot 2017 Sabre 38 Salon Express is located in Oxford, Maryland. It is equipped with 2 600hpInboard D4 IPS engines. Please call for the sale price of this Downeast.