2018 Sabre 48 Salon Express
Yacht price :
Available for delivery in December 2017
An early adopter of pod drive systems, Sabre Yachts has a clear understanding of how these revolutionary drives can best be used to increase efficiency, maximize ease of operation and owner confidence.
D8 IPS 700 Volvo 550hp engines. Dynamic Positioning System, Volvo Interceptor Trim Tabs, Volvo "Clear Wake" exhaust bypass and Volvo's glass cockpit displays.
Seakeeper 5 installed in forward engine room
Freedom lift Dinghy lift
And Much more
- 48 Salon Express
- Yarmouth, ME, US
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Sabre Design Team
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 48 ft - 14.63 meter
- 15 ft 4 in - 4.67 meter
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 9 in - 1.14 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- 14 ft 2 in - 4.32 meter
- Dry Weight:
- 34700 lbs
- D8 IPS 700
- Cruise Speed:
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Pod Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 550 (Individual), 1100 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- Fuel Tank:
- 500 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 160 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 70 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Total Cabins:
- Total Berths:
- Total Sleeps:
- Total Heads:
- Captains Cabin:
- Crew Cabins:
- Crew Berths:
- Crew Sleeps:
- Crew Heads:
Joystick ControlStandard Specifications
- Modified Deep "V" Planing Hull Design, with shallow pod drive tunnels.
- 14 degree deadrise at transom, 23 degree deadrise amidships.
- ISO NPG white gelcoat w/ vinylester back-up resin.
- Bottom, topsides and transom VIP resin infused biaxial E-glass with Corecell SAN foam core.
- Stringer system biaxial E-glass with foam core.
- Resin Infused E-glass swim platform with molded-in anti-skid surface.
- Hull side rubbing strakes.
- PVC rub rail with stainless steel cap.
- Painted (Urethane) double boot top.
- Gold recessed cove stripe.
DECK and HARDTOP
- ISO NPG Gelcoat
- VIP resin infused biaxial E-glass with balsa core.
- Molded-in anti-skid deck surfaces.
- Companionway door to port.
- Sliding windows in salon on cabin sides.
- Electric opening window in salon aft bulkhead.
- Hinged access door to side deck at helm.
- Flush, outward opening, transom door with latch.
- Anchor locker with slam latch.
- Large lazarette/engine room access hatch in cockpit sole with compression latches.
- Integrated Sure Shade system over cockpit.
- 1 1/4" Diameter type 316 stainless steel perimeter rail system.
- (8) 12" Stainless steel cleats (2 fwd, 4 mid ship, 2 in aft cockpit).
- (1) 10" Stainless steel cleat to starboard of windlass as anchor rode tie off.
- (4) Custom cast stainless steel mid-rail line chocks.
- (2) Custom cast stainless steel skene chocks forward.
- (2) Stainless steel bollard style mooring cleats aft.
- (2) Stainless 12" cleats on cockpit coaming on centerline.
- Custom Stainless steel bow pulpit with dual anchor roller for 44# CQR or Delta anchor and "lunch hook".
- Quick anchor windlass, electric rope-chain type.
- Flag staff and socket on taffrail.
- Burgee staff on bow pulpit.
- (6) Low Profile stainless steel hatches w/ screens.
- (6) Custom stainless steel opening port lights.
- Teak toe rails.
- Teak cabin side eye-brow.
- Custom cast stainless steel "SABRE" medallion.
- Triple windshield wipers with washers.
- Ritchie Compass.
- Seakeeper 5 control
- Switch controls for horn, running lights, anchor light, engine room blower and optional equipment.
- Stazo 400mm custom teak steering wheel with tilt helm and Sabre logo.
- (2) Stidd N Series helm seats with Ultraleather fabric, mounted on a box.
- Volvo package with (2) D8 IPS 700, 550hp, in lieu of Cummins Zeus drives, Volvo auto interceptor trim tabs, 900mm, Volvo active corrosion protection, Dynamic Positioning system, autopilot incorporated into helm displays, joystick driving with the joystick on the Stidd Arm rest, slow speed single lever and cruise control software, Volvo clear wake exhaust by-pass, Garmin GPS receiver, (2) 8617 Volvo MFD with separate Garmin SD card reader
- 120A, 12V alternators each engine.
- (2) Exhaust by-pass mufflers.
- Engine room blower.
- Engine room vent ducts.
- Engine room floor with FRP anti-skid.
- White gel coated engine room.
- Mylar face foam noise barrier.
- (2) 260 USG diesel fuel tanks port and starboard.
- Dual Racor fuel filters with water in fuel probes.
- (2) 2" "Diesel" deck fill plates
STEERING AND TRIM SYSTEMS
- Volvo Glass Cockpit with Volvo Joystick
- Volvo interceptor trim tabs
- Autopilot integrated in Volvo glass cockpit system.
- Volvo Dynamic Positioning System
12VDC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- (2) AGM Group 31 dedicated engine start batteries.
- (3) AGM 4D deep cycle ship's service batteries.
- (1) AGM Group 24 generator start battery.
- Remote control battery switches with controls at helm.
- Manual emergency battery crossover switch.
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution.
- Digital battery monitor.
- St. Maarten amber cabin reading lights; High Output LED lights in the overhead;
- LED strip lighting in appropriate locations;
- LED engine room lighting;
- Tri-Color lights over helm station - red, white, blue;
- Cockpit courtesy lights;
- Marine-grade, tinned wire throughout.
- 12VDC USB chargers at helm and in all cabins.
120 VAC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- ONAN 13.5 kw generator including:
- Onan E series display;
- Dedicated start battery;
- Water drop muffler;
- Cooling water intake strainer; S
- Sound shield;
- Transfer switch.
- 50A shore power service with Glendinning Cablemaster and 70 ft. cord;
- Isolation Transformer;
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution panel;
- Digital AC system monitor;
- 120V GFCI protected outlets in each cabin and engine room;
- 50 amp 3-bank battery charger;
- Reverse cycle heat/air conditioning in (3) zones;
MASTER STATEROOM AMIDSHIPS
- Spacious island berth athwartship layout with laminated trim.
- Hull side deadlight over headboard.
- Shoji style passageway and closet doors.
- Shoji style port light screen panels.
- Cherry hull ceilings.
- Drawers under berth and in bulkhead aft of berth.
- (2) hanging lockers fore and aft of bed.
- LED flat screen TV and DVD player.
- Teak and holly sole
- Sound deadening soft headliner panels.
- Pocket door to master head compartment.
- Private access from master stateroom.
- Custom tile in WC and shower sole.
- Glass vessel style sink.
- High gloss finish over solid cherry counter.
- Vanity cabinet below sink.
- Storage outboard.
- Mirror above vanity, cherry framed.
- Separate shower stall with clear bi-fold enclosure and glass tile accent wall within.
- Electric shower sump pump.
- Opening port to side deck.
- Deck hatch with blind/screen overhead.
- Stainless steel towel bars.
- Spacious island berth, with laminated trim.
- Cherry hull ceilings.
- Drawers under berth, A/C return grille beside.
- Storage lockers, drawers and shelves.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Sound deadening soft headliner panels.
- Pocket door to passageway.
- Private access to forward head and shower.
- Stainless steel under mount sink.
- Shower stall with seat and locker outboard.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- Electric shower sump pump.
- Storage lockers.
- Solid surface vanity top with bull nose.
- Towel bars.
- Soap Dispenser.
- Cherry wood trimmed mirror over sink.
- Ventilation blower.
- Solid surface galley counter top.
- Stainless steel under mount sink with cover and pull-out faucet.
- Stainless steel under mount prep sink with cover.
- Soap Dispenser.
- Isotherm stainless steel stand-up refrigerator (top) and freezer
- (2) Burner electric cook top.
- Convection microwave with stainless steel face.
- Drawers and storage lockers below counter.
- Built-in waste basket. Recycle Bin below steps.
- (2) Stidd N Series helm chairs mounted on a box.
- "L" settee to starboard, 5" foam cushions with storage and Sabre tool drawer under.
- High Gloss finish table with hi-low pedestal and angled slide mechanism. Lowers to coffee table height.
- Entertainment unit to port including: flat screen LCD TV 32" on lift with DVD player.
- Sound deadening, soft headliner panels.
- Raised mates L-shaped settee to port of helm.
- Stainless steel door to cockpit.
- Electrically operated window aft of L-settee.
- Swing door at helm to starboard side deck.
- Deep chart table forward of L-settee. Fiddles at navigation station.
- Varnished cherry interior finish.
- Screens on all opening ports.
- Ocean Air screen/blinds on deck hatches.
- Ocean Air pleated blinds on side windows and side door.
- Drapes on aft curved windows.
- Optional fabric and drapery selections.
- Dovetailed, varnished maple drawer boxes.
FRESH WATER SYSTEM
- Water capacity 160 gallons
- Stainless steel, 20 gallon, water heater, operates on 110-VAC or engine heat.
- Temperature control valve on hot water supply.
- Hot and cold water pressure system 12V.
- Fresh water spigot in engine room.
- Optional cockpit shower, hot and cold.
- Optional fresh water wash down in anchor locker.
- Polyethylene holding tank with 70 gallon capacity.
- Jabsco Quiet Flush fresh water MSD in guest head.
- Tecma Eco MSD in master head.
- Diaphragm waste pump on holding tank.
- Single Kahlenberg chrome trumpet horn with compressor.
- Fire extinguishers, (5) at 2 1/2 lbs.
- Marelon sea valves on all thru-hull fittings below waterline.
- Bonding system to safeguard against galvanic corrosion.
- Automatic fire extinguishing discharge system in engine space with override.
- (3) Automatic 12V electric bilge pumps.
- (3) High water switches and alarm.
- Work space below salon with work bench, drawers and shelves.
- Optional crew quarters with head unit available in this space.
- Dark hull colors
- Anti-skid color - Beige (fore & side decks, aft cockpit, and recessed area of swim platform)
- Reverso oil change system
- Seakeeper 5 installed in forward engine room
- Freedom Lift dinghy lift
- Shore water inlet
- Single Seagull water purifier on galley cold water plumbed to separate spigot
- Single Seagull water purifier on icemaker (optional)
- Salt water wash down system fore and aft
- Fresh water wash down forward
- (4) Additional dimmer switches in galley, master stateroom, forward cabin and cockpit
- Inverter/charger 3000 watt true sine wave with remote control
- Beam central vac system with (2) outlets and a 32' expandable hose
- Install 120VAC outlet inside chart storage locker. Outlet location to be aft and outboard.
- Install 120VAC outlet outboard of washer/dryer cabinet in utility room
- Install 120VAC outlet on the fwd end of the master berth, same position as the aft outlet.
- Install 120VAC outlet on the fwd end of the upper cabinets in the guest cabin on the stbd side.
- Install 12V/USB charger at head of master berth on the fwd end. (Aft is standard.)
- Install 12V/USB charger at head of fwd berth on the stbd side. (Port is standard.)
- Install 12V/USB charger in utility room. Inboard of the washer/dryer near the shelf.
EXTERIOR AND DECK
- Electric sunroof with sunscreen in lieu of standard (2) pilot hatches
- FRP molded mast, separate radar platform for sedan hardtop
- Teak deck on FRP swim platform
- Teak decking in aft cockpit including steps
- Hot and cold transom shower
- Custom Sunbrella fabric in cockpit
- Install cherry doors on glass cabinet aft of galley sink. Install wood shelf with fiddle half way up in cabinet
MAIN SALON & INTERIOR
- Accord Shades on all opening ports
- Ultraleather upholstery
- Icemaker in cabinet below helm seats
MASTER STATEROOM & HEAD
- Witch Hazel corian counter with radius and Corian Cameo White under mount sink in master head in lieu of cherry counter and vessel sink with vessel faucet.
- 10" Eastport Mattress
FWD CABIN & HEAD
- Fwd head cabinet to be 1/2 fully open and the another 1/2 to have shelf with fiddle
- Second cherry towel rack on inside of door, location 10" below top of
- 9" Latex Supreme mattress in fwd cabin.
- Spendide washer & Dryer side by side w/ two drawers below.
- Crew quarters with head in lieu of standard utility room.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.customContactInformation
For additional information, please contact our Sales Team
Portland, Maine (207) 773-7632
Glen Cove, New York (516) 623-6256
Freeport, Maine (207) 865-0432
Belfast, Maine (207) 322-9919
Oxford, Maryland (410) 226-0100
West River, Maryland (410) 267-1808