2015 Sabre 48 Salon Express
Yacht price :
An early adopter of pod drive systems, Sabre Yachts has a clear understanding of how these revolutionary drives can best be used to increase efficiency, maximize ease of operation and owner confidence.
The all-new Sabre 48 Salon Express is their fifth pod driven model and she takes full advantage of this technology in both her performance and in her interior accommodation plan.
The 48's traditional exterior profile belies the contemporary performances of her vee-hull. She cruises at 27 knots and at wide open throttle she'll attain more than 32 knots. With the Zeus pod drive system, turns at speed are as exciting as they are in a fine sports car but perhaps even more exhilarating is the quiet that one experiences at cruise speeds. Less than 75 Dba makes her one of the quietest motoryachts available today!
The joystick and Skyhook operations give every Captain the confidence to dock her in the most difficult of circumstances.
Her raised cockpit sole brings together the social aspects of the cockpit and main salon and the aft end of the house opens up fully to connect the spaces. Her main salon offers ample seating surfaces for entertaining or simply relaxing after a long day on the water.
While underway the raised settee to port of the Stidd helm chair is a perfect place for the crew to enjoy the ride. And when docking, a standard side deck door serves her helmsman and crew well.
To learn more about our new Sabre 48 available and its features plus the factory & dealer options, please contact our Sales Team today.
- 48 Salon Express
- Portland, ME, US
- Vessel Name:
- Boat Type:
- Hull Material:
- Hull Type:
- Hull Color:
- Kevin Burns
- Flag of Registry:
Dimensions & Weight
- 48 ft - 14.63 meter
- 15 ft 4 in - 4.67 meter
- Draft - max:
- 3 ft 9 in - 1.14 meter
- Bridge Clearance:
- Dry Weight:
- Cruise Speed:
- 35 MPH
- Joystick Control:
- Engine Type:
- Drive Type:
- Pod Drive
- Fuel Type:
- 550 (Individual), 1100 (combined)
- Max Speed:
- 39 MPH
- Fuel Tank:
- 525 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Fresh Water Tank:
- 160 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Holding Tank:
- 70 gallons - 1 tank(s)
- Modified Deep “V” Planing hull design, with shallow pod drive tunnels
- 14º deadrise at transom, 23º deadrise amidships
- ISO NPG white gelcoat w/vinylester back-up resin
- Bottom, topsides and transom VIP resin infused biaxial E-glass with Corecell SAN foam core
- Stringer system biaxial E-glass with foam core
- Resin Infused E-glass swim platform with molded-in anti-skid surface
- Hull side rubbing strakes
- PVC rub rail with stainless steel cap
- Painted (Urethane) double boot top
- Gold recessed cove stripe
DECK and HARDTOP
- ISO NPG gelcoat
- VIP resin infused biaxial E-glass with balsa core
- Molded-in anti-skid deck surfaces
- Bi Fold aft salon door to port
- Sliding windows in salon on cabin sides
- Electric opening window in salon aft bulkhead
- Hinged access door to side deck at helm
- Flush, outward opening, transom door with latch
- Anchor locker with slam latch
- Large lazarette/engine room access hatch in cockpit sole with compression latches
- 1 1/4" Diameter type 316 stainless steel perimeter rail system
- (8) 12” Stainless steel cleats (2 fwd, 4 mid ship, 2 in aft cockpit)
- (1) 10” Stainless steel cleat to starboard of windlass as anchor rode tie off
- (4) Custom cast stainless steel mid-rail line chocks
- (2) Custom cast stainless steel skene chocks forward
- (2) Custom folding stainless steel mooring cleats aft
- Bow pulpit with dual anchor roller for 44# CQR or Delta anchor and “lunch hook”
- Quick anchor windlass, electric rope-chain type
- Flag staff and socket on taffrail
- Burgee staff on bow pulpit
- (6) Low Profile stainless steel hatches w/screens
- (6) Custom stainless steel opening port lights
- Teak cabin side eyebrow
- Custom cast stainless steel “SABRE” medallion
- Cummins DTS single lever electronic controls
- Cummins Smart Craft display (engine data, tank levels, vessel data, alarms)
- Triple windshield wipers with washers
- Ritchie Compass
- Switch controls for horn, running lights, anchor light, engine room blower and optional equipment
- Stazo 400mm custom teak steering wheel with tilt helm and Sabre logo
- Stidd single helm seat with Ultraleather fabric
- Twin Cummins QSC 8.3 550 hp electronic, fresh water-cooled engines with Twin CMD Zeus 3800 pod drives, with integrated steering and trim
- 120A, 12V alternators each engine
- (2) Exhaust by-pass mufflers
- Engine room blower
- Engine room vent ducts
- Engine room floor with FRP anti-skid
- White gelcoated engine room
- Mylar face foam noise barrier
Fuel & Steering Systems
- (2) 260 USG diesel fuel tanks port and starboard
- Racor fuel filters with water in fuel probes
- (2) 2” “Diesel” deck fill plates
STEERING and TRIM SYSTEMS
- CMD helm with joystick
- Trim tabs integrated in CMD Zeus pod drives
- Autopilot integrated in CMD Zeus system
- “Skyhook” GPS position hold system with dedicated GPS receiver
12VDC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Two AGM Group 31 dedicated engine start batteries
- Three AGM 4D deep cycle ship's service batteries
- One AGM Group 24 generator start battery
- Remote control battery switches with controls at helm
- Manual emergency battery crossover switch
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution
- Digital battery monitor
- Marine-grade, tinned wire throughout
- St. Maarten amber cabin reading lights.
- High output LED lights in the overhead.
- Halogen bar lighting in appropriate locations.
- Fluorescent engine room lighting.
- Cockpit courtesy lights.
120VAC ELECTRICAL SYSTEM
- Onan 13.5 kw generator including:
- Onan E series display
- Dedicated start battery
- Water drop muffler
- Cooling water intake strainer
- Sound shield
- Transfer switch
- 50A shore power service with Glendinning Cablemaster & 50 ft. cord
- Isolation transformer
- Illuminated main circuit breaker distribution panel
- Digital AC system monitor
- 120V GFCI protected outlets in each cabin and engine room.
- 50amp, 3-bank battery charger
- Reverse cycle heat/ air conditioning in (3) zones
Master Stateroom and Master Head
MASTER STATEROOM AMIDSHIPS
- Spacious island berth athwartship layout with laminated trim
- Hull side deadlight over head board
- Shoji style passageway and closet doors
- Shoji style portlight screen panels
- Cherry hull ceilings
- Drawers under berth and in bulkhead aft of berth
- (2) hanging lockers fore and aft of bed
- LED flat screen TV and DVD player
- Teak and holly sole
- Sound deadening soft headliner panels
- Pocket door to master head compartment
- Private access from master stateroom
- Custom tile in WC and shower sole
- Glass vessel style sink
- High gloss finish over solid cherry counter.
- Vanity cabinet below sink
- Storage outboard
- Mirror above vanity, cherry framed
- Separate shower stall with clear bi-fold enclosure and glass tile accent wall within
- Electric shower sump pump
- Opening port to side deck
- Deck hatch with blind/screen overhead
- Ventilation blower
- Stainless steel towel bars
Guest Stateroom and Guest Head
- Spacious island berth, with laminated trim.
- Cherry hull ceilings.
- Drawers under berth, A/C return grille beside.
- Storage lockers, drawers and shelves.
- Teak and holly sole.
- Sound deadening soft headliner panels.
- Pocket door to passageway.
- Private access to forward head and shower
- Stainless steel under mount sink
- Shower stall with seat and locker outboard
- Hot and cold pressure water
- Electric shower sump pump
- Storage lockers
- Solid surface vanity top with bull nose
- Towel bars
- Soap dispenser
- Cherry wood trimmed mirror over sink
- Ventilation blower
- Solid surface galley counter top
- Stainless steel under mount sink with cover and pull-out faucet
- Stainless steel under mount prep sink with cover
- Soap dispenser
- Isotherm stainless steel stand-up refrigerator (top) and freezer
- Two burner electric cook top
- Convection microwave with stainless steel face
- Drawers and storage lockers below counter
- Built-in waste basket. Recycle bin below steps
- “L” settee to starboard, 5” foam cushions, with storage and Sabre tool drawer under
- High Gloss finished table with hi-low pedestal and angled slide mechanism. Lowers to coffee table height.
- Entertainment unit to port including flat screen LCD TV 32” on lift with DVD player
- Sound deadening, soft headliner panels.
- Raised mates L-shaped settee to port of helm chair
- Electrically operated window aft of L-settee
- Swing door at helm to starboard side deck
- Varnished cherry interior finish.
- Screens on all opening ports.
- Ocean Air screen/blinds on deck hatches.
- Ocean Air pleated blinds on side windows and side door
- Drapes on aft curved windows
- Optional fabric and drapery selections.
- Dovetailed, varnished maple drawer boxes
Fresh Water Systems
- Water capacity 160 gals
- Stainless steel, 20 gal. water heater, operates on 110-VAC or engine heat
- Temperature control valve on hot water supply
- Hot and cold water pressure system 12V
- Fresh water spigot in engine room
- Optional Cockpit shower, hot and cold
- Optional Fresh water wash down in anchor locker
- Polyethylene holding tank with 70 gallon capacity
- Jabsco Quiet Flush fresh water MSD in guest head
- Tecma Eco MSD in master head
- Diaphragm waste pump on holding tank
- Single Kahlenberg chrome trumpet horn with compressor
- Fire extinguishers, (5) at 2 1/2 lbs
- Marelon sea valves on all thru-hull fittings below waterline
- Bonding system to safeguard against galvanic corrosion
- Automatic fire extinguishing discharge system in engine space with override
- (3) Automatic 12V electric bilge pumps
- (3) High water switches and alarm
- Work space below salon with work bench, drawers and shelves
- Optional crew quarter with head unit available for this space
- Dark Hull Color - Flag Blue
- Anti-skid color (fore & side deck) - Beige
- Reverso oil change system
- Freedom Lift dinghy lift
- Shore water inlet
- Single Seagull water purifier on galley cold water plumbed to separate spigot
- Single Seagull water purifier on icemaker
- Salt water wash down fore and aft
- Fresh water wash down forward
- (3) Additional dimmer switches in galley, master stateroom, and forward cabin
- Inverter/Charger 3000 watt true sine wave with remote control
- Beam central vacuum with 2 outlets and a 32' expandable hose
- Electric sunroof with sunscreen in lieu of two standard pilot hatches
- FRP molded mast, separate radar platform and satellite pads for sedan hardtop
- Teak deck on FRP swim platform
- Kahlenberg dual chrome horns
- Hot and cold transom shower
- Accord shades on opening ports
- Ultraleather upholstery main salon
- Optional scissor berth forward
- Install cherry doors on cabinet aft of galley sink. Install wood shelf with fiddle half way up in cabinet.
- Add a door on the small cabinet forward of galley sink. Remove fiddle and leave open inside.
- Build flat bottom in locker under cooktop
MAIN SALON & INTERIOR:
- Custom color on Oceanair Blinds: Pebble Ivory
- Move double ss cup holder from Nav desk area and install outboard of mate seat (port) on window edge. Owner understands that this might interfer in lowering blinds
- Add single SS cup holder outboard of joystickUltraleather upholstery in main salon
- Increase two std mail salon armrests another 4'' in height on both settees
- Install a fixed fiddle on forward end of nav desk the same length and location as hinge on fwd end of cover. Add another fixed fiddle between the chart and TV covers 32" length. Fiddle should end at the end of the nav desk cover.
- Notch cover aft and outboard for opening and for wires to pass through, no thumbhole.
- Add a additional cherry drop in box on port side of helm pod face above standard helm drop in box. Additional box to be rectangular with inside opening 6H"x8W"x10D". Leave enough room below the box for the dealer to install Fusion 700 stereo.
- Replace std single helm chair with two Stidd 500N-FA fixed height mounted on a cabinet. Cabinet top to be Hi-Gloss finish. Stidd seats only slide fore/aft, no height adjustment or swivel. Set in position 2" aft of the std pedestal location now. Underside of Stidd seat frame to be 28" above sole. Install Stidd foot rests on the forward face of the cabinet. Cabinet under seats to have an icemaker. Build longer settee to end at box under Stidds. Install std table.
- Delete the standard cherry grab rail at the helm
MASTER CABIN & HEAD:
- Install a 26" TV with separate DVD in Master Stateroom. Install TV 47" from cabin sole.
- Install a tall mirror recessed (no frame) into the bulkhead behind master head shoji door
- Sandlewood Corian counter with radius and Corian Cameo White undermount sink in master head in lieu of cherry counter and vessel sink with vessel faucet. Add 3" Sandlewood fiddle behind sink.
GUEST CABIN & HEAD:
- Fwd head cabinet to be 1/2 fully open and the another 1/2 to have shelf with fiddle
- Optional scissor berth forward
- Install second cherry towel rack on inside of door, location 10'' below top of door
EXTERIOR & ENGINE ROOM:
- Add two 12" stern cleats on coaming cap behind cockpit seat backrest, one on either side of the center rail stanchion.
- Install chafe guards.
- Delete standard teak toe rails. Install Skene chocks to forward cleats, same chocks as used on the SL47. Install 24" rub strakes at the 4 midship cleats. The strakes to be notched around the cleat bases.
- Install fresh water spigot in engine room
- Build shelf above house battery bank with fiddles on all four sides, rubber material base. Shelf to be made removable.
- Reconfigure the galley air conditioning system to be forward salon system. Increase size to 16K BTU. Add supply grille to top of chart table and tee some air to galley and crew quarters. Control panel is mounted in standard location in the galley
- Relocate windshield washer fluid to more accessible location in engine room near water heater & water pump on the bulkhead.
- Install 120VAC outlet inside chart storage locker. Outlet location to be aft and outboard
- Install 120VAC outlet outboard of washer/dryer cabinet in crew quarters
- Separate dimmer switch for cockpit overhead lights. Note: This renders the keypad "deck lights" position useless and inoperative.
- Install 12V/USB charger centers at head of master berth, both sides of shelf
- Install 12V/USB charger centers at head of forward berth, both sides of shelf
- Install 12V/USB charger centers in crew quarters. Inboard of the washer/dryer near the shelf
- Install Slendide combo washer/dryer with half bureau enclosed with cherry cubby(no door over washer/dryer). Washer/Dryer sits down on FRP and inboard next to berth. Cherry top over washer/dryer extends inboard to become top of bureau. Mirror above washer/dryer and bureau. Outlets, A/C control, etc. to be relocated. No notch in mattress
- Crew mattress in crew quarters
- Custom 9" Box top Latex Mattress in Master and Guest Stateroom
- Custom Décor Package Allowance including all bedding, rugs, pilllows, & decorative items
- Make Ready Package, Commissioning, Prep, Dealer Freight & Launch including the following: Dewaxing bottom, sanding, 4 coats epoxy barrier coat, 3 coats of ablative bottom paint, prop speed on the drives & underwater gear, 12 coats of exterior varnish, 4 coats interior cabin sole varnish, shipping from factory, prop installation, launch, horn & mast installation, commissioning of all systems, seatrials, fenders w/ fender covers, fender whips, 4 quality docklines, stainless steel anchor w/ all chain rode, first aid kit, boat hook, transom lettering, wax & detail, delivery and orientation, full tank of fuel, FOB Portland, ME.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
Presented by :
Our Locations :
Featured Yacht :
Greenport, NY, US $649,999
West River, MD, US $115,000
Kittery, ME, US $58,000
Glen Cove, NY, US Upon Request
Glen Cove, NY, US Upon Request
Glen Cove, NY, US Upon Request
Yarmouth, ME, US $24,500
Cocoa, FL, US $875,000
Yarmouth, ME, US $249,900
Freeport, ME, US $394,999
North Beach, MD, US $424,900
Oxford, MD, US $75,000
Longboat Key, FL, US $520,000
Portsmouth, NH, US $399,000
Freeport, ME, US $92,000
West River, MD, US $39,999
Freeport, ME, US $199,000
West River, MD, US $479,000
Kittery, ME, US $214,000